Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vikkidurai91
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Dataflow - invalid Credentials

Dear

We are trying to pull data from AWS MySQL to PowerBI Dataflow. 

With the details of Server, DB, username and password, we are able to connect to DB via Desktop Tool. When added the connection in Manage Gateways, the connection is Successful as well.

But, when trying to connect via dataflow, it keeps throwing an error Invalid Credentails. 

We checked with Firewall team, and there is no restrictions.

Could you please help. 

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
ZamBeato
Regular Visitor

Any new info on this by chance? I'm having the same issue. It just started today. I've had dataflows connected to Acumatica via OData that have been working great for several weeks with stored credentials. Today, every single dataflow that connects to Acumatica failed stating 'Invalid credentials', however I can login to Acumatica just fine and can connect with other tools (i.e. Excel, Power BI Desktop, etc.) with the same credentials. 

ayup
Helper I
Helper I

I have encountered a similar problem in experiencing the "Invalid Credentials" error when trying to create a dataflow query that used our PBI Gateway to access a MySQL DB.  After some experimentation, I found that the solution was to go into the "Advanced settings" of the data source within the gateway configuration and set the "Connection Encryption setting for this data source" setting to "Encrypted".  By default, a checkbox was set that allowed the gateway to choose the connection encryption setting - this needed to be overridden.

Once the gateway setting was changed (and basic username/password credentials re-entered) I was able to successfully create/execute the dataflow query.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Jeff

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vikkidurai91 ,

Could you please make sure that you have configured gateway for your database and you could check if the credential is correct in your gateway and be same withe the credentials in your dataflow?

If the issue still exists, you could create a support ticket here.

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hello

Thanks for your response.

Yes we have configured the gateway and using it for a while. Connection is successful, when I added MySQL details in Gateway as well.

I was able to make connection via Desktop tool but not from Dataflow. It keeps saying Invalid Credentials.

Thanks

Vignesh

Hey @vikkidurai91 

My organization is having the same problem.  

We can create a Power BI report that uses a MySQL database connection, and we can publish that report on the Power BI service and and it will successfully refresh via the on-premise Data Gateway.

However, when we try to create a Dataflow, we keep encountering an error during the  "Connect to data source" step, where it complains about Invalid credentials.  Obviously, something isn't working quite right yet. 

I suppose we will have to reach out to Microsoft Support directly.   Were they able to resolve your issue?

Hi,

We're experiencing similare issues for a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS.

PBI desktop on our gateway server can connect without issues to the DB.

But once we try to create a dataflow we also get the invalid credentials error which is ridiculous as the datasource was created without an issue...

KR,

Thomas

II am having the same issue. Was this ever resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't look like it was ever resolved. I am getting the same error, same scenario with on-premises Oracle database. The data source in gatewya is set up successfully, and I am using the same credentials to create a data flow and getting Invalid Credentials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors