Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bubblesort
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Data Source Credential support AAD?

Hi all,

I have a pretty basic dataset consisting of a single OData source that I'd like to refresh daily. Currently I'm manually doing the refresh in the desktop app but would like to get it automated online. The service I'm using for the OData query requires AAD authentication but the only options I see are "Anonymous", "Basic", and "WindowsWithoutImpersonation".

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bubblesort,

Did you use the OData connector? Please refer to the snapshot below.

Power_BI_Data_Source_Credential_support_AAD

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

I did use the OData connector. However, in the Authentication method dropdown I only see the first three options you screenshotted (Anonymous, Basic, WindowsWithoutImpersonation). I've tried all three of them but none of them seemed to get through the authentication on the OData service end. I spoke with the service supplying the data and they said that PowerBI needed to support AAD when fetching the data for auto refresh.

Thanks,

Cecille

Hi Cecille,

I tested it again with a new data source. If I authenticate the connection with Organization Account in the Desktop, the Auth2 will appear in the Service. Please refer to the snapshot below.

BTW, It's Organization Account in the Desktop which is AAD authentication.

Power_BI_Data_Source_Credential_support_AAD2

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors