Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

khush19
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerBI :Dashboard with Real Streaming data and data from Direct Query

I have a scenario to work on where I have dashboard which contain:

1: SUM(Amount) for today (which will be realtime )
  2: SUM(Amount) last week same time (which will be data from DB using direct query)
  3: a KPI which will check if the Today amount is greater or smaller and then calculate the percentage

Untitled.png

1. I created 2 reports one for Real time which has a CARD and a slicer and a second report which has CARD and Slicer from dataset which brings data from DB. When I pin it to DASHBOARD only one card is affected when i select slicer?How can i have only 1 slicer and selecting it, both the cards gets change?
  2. Real time and Direct query dataset will be different,How can we create a KPI by comparing both values?
  3. And is it possible that when my real time crad get refreshed same time y direct query also run and get the updated value from DB?
2 REPLIES 2
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm not sure if you are able to accomplish this. Let me elaborate:

• DirectQuery is not real-time. It has a cache in the Power BI Service that is refreshed (at most) every 15 minutes.
    You can learn more about Direct Query refresh frequency here.

image.png

• When pinning visuals to a dashboard you can not interact with them anymore. So using slicer directly on a dashboard is not possible, unless you're pinning a live page view of the report. But then you can only get the Direct Query data or realtime data in that report.

• You can also create realtime tiles on a dashboard, maybe that is a possibility for you? I'm just not sure what the source of your realtime data is?

image.png

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Thanks nickyvv for the help.

The source of my real time data is EventHub.

For a moment if I ignore Slicer,as let me hard code it in worst scenario.

I am not sure if the below scenario is possible as I am not able to achive this.

I have 1 report with Directquery which bring Amount=y$(last onth same date)

Another report with Real time data where Amount=x$

I ping cards from Both card to dashboard.

Now I need to find% diff between both ..but not sure how to do it ?

Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors