Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tyw214
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI App Dataset Refresh Question (Unable to refresh in App WorkSpace)

So I have two exact same report, exact same dataset, exact same gateway. The Gateway is an On-Permise Gateway.

One is published to a normal Work Space (the one that creates O365 Workgroups), and one is published in the PowerBI App Workspace (the one that does not create O365 Workgroup).

I am owner of the report in both workspace, and have another admin on each of these group.

I am able to refresh the dataset in both space. But the admin is only able to refresh the dataset in the normal Work Space, and gets a "Unable to find Gateway" Code Status: 404 error when trying to manually refresh the dataset in the App Work Space.

Can somebody help? Also it seems like "Member" and "Contributor" (only available in App Work Space) both have access to the dataset with "Refresh." They also experience the same problem as described above in the App Work Space. Can somebody help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @tyw214,

It seems the issue is gone. I tried it today. It worked. Can you confirm it, please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

This issue has been fixed.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @tyw214,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team: CRI 83548006. I will update it here later.

Best Regards,

Dale

Thanks for reply. Any updates on this? The App Workspace permission issue is very problematic now, with a slew of problems....

- Admin losing access to dataset

- Permissions aren't correctly being acknolwedged (person who have read access can't access content).

Hi @tyw214,

It seems the issue is gone. I tried it today. It worked. Can you confirm it, please?

Best Regards,

Dale

This issue has been fixed.

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors