Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerPlatform_V
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps embedded in PowerBI Report - Azure DevOp CI/CD

Hello communnity, 

I am learning to use Azure DevOp to deploy PowerBI reports. Within my PowerBI report, I have a PowerApps embeded in the PowerBI report. Does anyone know if it's possible to use the actions in Azure DevOp BuildPipeline to changes the PowerApps from the Dev enviroment to the PowerApps in the Test enviroment that is embeded in the PowerBI report ? 

Apprciate any guidances, thank you in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
PowerPlatform_V
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yalanwu-msft , thank you for replying but I don't think you understood my question. The provided links focused on the Solutions for PowerApps, Power Automates or virtual agent. PowerBI uses different action connectors and apps in the ADO CI/CD pipeline.

My question is that I need to migrate PowerBI using the "Power BI Actions" in the Marketplace in ADO CI/CD. However, I have a PowerApps embeded in my PowerBI report and I am wondering if there is any way that I can set that embeded PowerApps as a variable so I can use the pipeline and releases in the ADO to deploy and the PowerApps connection will also be updated correspondingly, i.e, in test enviroment for PowerBI, the embeded PowerApps will also come from the test enviroment of PowerApps. 

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @PowerPlatform_V 

According to this offical document:

Can I transfer the apps, flows, and other resources created in the developer environment to another environment?

Yes, you should be able to export the resources from this environment to other environments. For more information, see Solutions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/developer-plan

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/data-platform/solutions-overview

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors