Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dhagan
Regular Visitor

Power bi service, unable to login

I'm getting this message when i try to access https://app.powerbi.com :

TECHNICAL DETAILS 
An unknown error occurred. If you continue to see this error, please provide the following information when requesting support.
Date and Time: 2017-11-06 19:52:42Z
ActivityId: 30f6dfc0-56c1-482b-baee-8ffa99f65e4d

Is the service down ?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

I got information internally that this issue is mitigated now and we should be able to log into Power BI once again. Please test again in your environment to see if it works. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

No issues since 21:04 UTC on 06 Nov 2017 when Azure became operational again across all regions for Microsoft.

Thank you,
PowerBIUser007

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
illy

Hello,

still have the same problem here 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

No issues since 21:04 UTC on 06 Nov 2017 when Azure became operational again across all regions for Microsoft.

Thank you,
PowerBIUser007

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

I got information internally that this issue is mitigated now and we should be able to log into Power BI once again. Please test again in your environment to see if it works. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI...

======================================
==> AZURE STATUS HISTORY | 06-NOV-2017
======================================
==> Network Infrastructure - North Central US
==> Summary of impact: Between approximately 19:34 UTC and 21:04 UTC on 06 Nov 2017
==> Customers in North Central US may have experienced degraded performance, network drops, or timeouts when accessing Azure resources hosted in this region.
==> Engineers were aware of additional impact for customers using App Service in South Central US.
==> Engineers determined that this was caused by an underlying Network Infrastructure Event in this region which remains under investigation.
==> Preliminary root cause: Engineers identified configuration change as the potential root cause.
==> Mitigation: Engineers performed a change to the service configuration to BGP and mitigate the issue.
==> Next steps: Engineers will continue to investigate to establish the full root cause in approximately 72 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point to remain cautious...

Annietwo
Frequent Visitor

Yes, i'm back. But I wouldn't be surprised if it goes back down... I've seen other services up & down today. Very strange.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just noticed a few of my links working again...how about others?

Annietwo
Frequent Visitor

It's not just embedded.  And it seems like PBI is always hosted in North Central.  Anyone know why?  Worked with more than 1 company, none were in north central, but pbi was hosted there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Community members posted this on another thread I'm following about the system outage.  Search for "Power BI Embedded" and you'll notice it's down for the NORTH CENTRAL US region.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Started about an hour ago. Cannot publish any pbix files to PBI Service and cannot login to PBI Service at all. 

2017-11-06_14h09_10.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

*** Power BI Down ***
Same error I'm getting as well.  Unable to log into Power BI Cloud

Receiving error trying to log into:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/landing/signin
-OR-
https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/contentlist/reports
==> This site can’t be reached
==> app.powerbi.com took too long to respond.
==> Checking the connection
==> Checking the proxy and the firewall
==> Running Windows Network Diagnostics
==> Check your internet connection.

Pmike
Frequent Visitor

Same here

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors