Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

larrytam
Frequent Visitor

Power bi service is displaying less data to Power bi desktop

Hi

I have an issue of data in Power Bi desktop not matching Power Bi service after I published the report. It should not due to filtering or report designing, I have done testing. It happens only I connected to the gateway and refresh the report. Gateway is updated. This is the only report affected. I have tried delete the orginal on workspace and republished the report, still have the same issue when I connect the gateway and refresh the report. We are using On-premise gateway. 

Sorry I have to hide the data, but the total should be enough to show what I am trying to explain. Hope that's enough information to solve the issue. Let me know for any extra information.

Thanks for helping.

larrytam_0-1680233835811.png

larrytam_1-1680233902314.png

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is the difference visible immediately, or only after a dataset refresh?

Thank you all for the time. The issue has been solved. It was due to the conflict between the data type selected in Power Query and Column tools in the design page. The hours column data type was decimal hours in Power Query and was whole number in the column tools. 

Only after the dataset refreshed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors