Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power bi service(Incremental refresh)

In power BI Desktop, I have implemented the incremental refresh by using manage parameter, and applied paramater with the table in power query then i have enabled the incremental refresh in power bi desktop, attached image for your reference.

arunkumar1107_0-1624020338600.png

After that, i have published the PBXI file in Power BI service. After getting refresh from power bi service it's failed. Attachment for your reference.

arunkumar1107_1-1624020631137.png

Every time am getting the different table error. Actual there is no error in the table, i have refreshed in power bi desktop, it work's fine. Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Query folding - Incremental refresh is designed for data sources that support query folding

Note:

vangzhengmsft_0-1624328539399.png

If you see this warning and want to verify the necessary query folding is occurring, use the Power Query Diagnostics feature or trace queries by using a tool supported by the data source, like SQL Profiler. If query folding is not occurring, verify the filter logic is included in the query being passed to the data source. If not, it's likely the query includes a transformation that prevents folding.

Here are some references that may be helpful:

Incremental refresh for datasets 

Configure incremental refresh 

Troubleshoot incremental refresh 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems a modelling related issue in your case. As once you apply the RangeStart and RangeEnd Parameter the data gets filtered and the filtered data doesnt seems to have any issue. Due to this reason its getting refreshed in Power BI Desktop.

While in Power BI Service once you do a full/complete refresh the whole data gets refreshed and the required partitions are created in Power BI Service. In this case if there is any issue in the data wrt to cardinality the refresh will fail.

If its possible can you check if you have have duplicate value in the agency code column of the agengy master table . If yes then the cardinality needs to be changed accordingly.

Many-to-One or Many-to-Many? The Cardinality of Power BI Relationship Demystified - RADACAD

Please accept this as a solution if your question has been answered !!

Appreciate a Kudos 😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked the agency master, in that there is no duplicate value in the agency code. Please help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors