Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

viniciustf

Power bi gateway ERRO install

GOOD MORNING , I am experiencing problems installing power bi gateway on a notebook with windows 10 when I will perform the installation it presents the following error: Failed to download the on-premises data gateway installer. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way that is prohibited by the access permissions 96.7.239.31:80 I need help, can anyone help me?

BOM DIA , Estou enfrentando problemas na instalação do power bi Gateway em um notebook com windows 10 quando vou realizar a instalação o mesmo apresenta o seguinte erro : Falha ao baixar o instalador on-premises data gateway. Foi feita uma tentativa de acesso a um soquete de uma maneira que é proibida pelas permissões de acesso 96.7.239.31:80 preciso de ajuda alguem consegue me ajudar ?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @viniciustf,

Please take a look at follow article which about install the on premises gateway, ensure you have turned on the specified ports.

On-premises data gateway

Ports

The gateway creates an outbound connection to Azure Service Bus. It communicates on outbound ports: TCP 443 (default), 5671, 5672, 9350 thru 9354. The gateway does not require inbound ports. Learn more

It is recommended that you whitelist the IP addresses, for your data region, in your firewall. You can download the Microsoft Azure Datacenter IP list. This list is updated weekly. The gateway will communicate with Azure Service Bus using the IP address along with the fully qualified domain name (FQDN). If you are forcing the gateway to communicate using HTTPS it will strictly use FQDN only, and no communication will happen using IP addresses.

Note:

The IP Addresses listed in the Azure Datacenter IP list are in CIDR notation. For example, 10.0.0.0/24 does not mean 10.0.0.0 thru 10.0.0.24. Learn more about the CIDR notation.

Here is a listing of the fully qualified domain names used by the gateway.

Domain names Outbound ports Description
*.download.microsoft.com 80 HTTP used to download the installer.
*.powerbi.com 443 HTTPS
*.analysis.windows.net 443 HTTPS
*.login.windows.net 443 HTTPS
*.servicebus.windows.net 5671-5672 Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
*.servicebus.windows.net 443, 9350-9354 Listeners on Service Bus Relay over TCP (requires 443 for Access Control token acquisition)
*.frontend.clouddatahub.net 443 HTTPS
*.core.windows.net 443 HTTPS
login.microsoftonline.com 443 HTTPS
*.msftncsi.com 443 Used to test internet connectivity if the gateway is unreachable by the Power BI service.
*.microsoftonline-p.com 443 Used for authentication depending on configuration.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @viniciustf

The download worked fine for me, do you perhaps have any restrictions on your network?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Already tried everything with 4g modem, but we are trying to install in notebook until now we do not have the solution...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors