Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rvissapragada
Frequent Visitor

Power bi dataset refresh through on-premise gateway giving data source undefined error

When refreshing power bi dataset using on-premise gateway (October 2020 version) giving "data source undefined" error. In the dataset we are merging two tables, one from dataflow and other from the on-premise sql database. The privacy level is setting to Organizational for both the tables. This is happening after October 2020 on-premise gateway update. 

8 REPLIES 8
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I see that the Oct 2020 version of PBI Desktop has been released.

Could you try download, install, refresh your dataset then upload and try again?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I downloaded Oct 2020 version of PBI Desktop, refreshed and published the report again. But I am still getting the same error when I try to refresh in power bi web service. 

Unable to connect to the data source undefined.

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259

Hi there

Could you log out in Power BI Desktop and then try and log in again?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I logged out and logged back in Power BI desktop. I refreshed the report and published. But still I am unable to refresh from power bi service using on-premis gateway. The refresh is working fine in power bi desktop.

Hi @rvissapragada ,

It may be a problem with the dataset.

Unable to Connect to Data Source Undefined 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We have the latest version (Oct 2020) of gateway and power bi desktop. We do not have any custom column transformations. 

To isolate the issue, I removed all other tables from the dataset and leaving one table from dataflow and one from on-premise sql database. I joined these two tables in power query with left outer join and published to web service. The refresh issue persists with the same errors mentioned in my previous posts. The refresh is working fine in power bi desktop. I also verified the privacy levels and it is set to Organizational.

Hi @rvissapragada ,

Please  create support ticket .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. I submitted the support ticket. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors