Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Till
Resolver II
Resolver II

Power bi dataflow and Premium Capacity

Hi All,
Since a few days we have connected two reports for testing with dataflows. These dataflows have an SQL source and are updated every hour via Power Automate. The report is also updated hourly via Power Automate. There are a total of 8 dataflows that flow into the Power BI report.
Now we have noticed that our P1 node is increasing in load per hour.
Picture 1.PNG
No incremental data update is set.
In the following figure we have the same reports only in different APPS. They are all updated from the same dataflow.
Does anyone have an idea why the load increases from hour to hour?
Picture 2.PNG

Kind Regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Till 

Have you solved this question with collinq's help? If you have solved the question, you can accept the answer helpful as the solution or share you method and accept it as solution, thanks for your contribution to improve Power BI.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Till ,

Without truly getting into all the gory analytics on your site, I am curious - do you think that any of the flows are still runnign while other ones are starting?  I know that this happened to me once - we had a flow run much longer than expected and that made the other flows compete for resources (and the exact same data source in some cases).  In fact, we ended up getting failures, rather than just an increase in usage.  Might this be happening to you?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq 
Thank you for your answer.
That could be the reason.
I will fine-tune the flow update so that overlaps are avoided.
I will report back after the test.
Kind Regards
Till

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors