Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

abbas_uddin
Helper I
Helper I

Power bi 'Viewers License'

Dear Experts,

i would like to know that how can we manage to share the report with management only for viewing purpose, without sharing the actual pbix file or register as pro user

i would love if Microsoft introduces viewers license that would cost very low compared to 10$ / User as a pro.

There are top management users in our company who would only view the report thats it. Obviously if there are 30 to 40 users only for the purpose of viewing. its useless to pay 400$ per month.

Again is there any workaround available till date? since i want my report to be refreshed on daily basis so i am a pro user with gateway installed to refresh the report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@abbas_uddin There is no option for this mid-range. If $400 is to much then embedded or premium don't make sense. $10 a month for everything that you get within Power BI is really low. Think about this... Power Query ETL tool, SSAS Modeling Engine, Report interface, Site that shares content with anyone, refresh data on schedules, administration, basically an entire platform for BI... for $10 a month. There is no way that is sustainable, so as your needs increase (more readers), so does the price. As those needs increase to larger scale, then premium is a method to mitigate overall costs. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@abbas_uddin There is no option for this mid-range. If $400 is to much then embedded or premium don't make sense. $10 a month for everything that you get within Power BI is really low. Think about this... Power Query ETL tool, SSAS Modeling Engine, Report interface, Site that shares content with anyone, refresh data on schedules, administration, basically an entire platform for BI... for $10 a month. There is no way that is sustainable, so as your needs increase (more readers), so does the price. As those needs increase to larger scale, then premium is a method to mitigate overall costs. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors