Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Power automate = Export to PDF file from Power BI Report

HI community, 

I used power automate to generate a scheduled export of BI reports for extranal clients.  My current license is Power BI Pro.

The error of the flow says : Required dedicated capacity, Confused which license is required of Power BI ? Will Premium Per User work for this purpose?

Cheers.

report.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@schoden 

vjaneygmsft_0-1640154633655.png

I'm sorry I was wrong before.

Premium licence is definitely OK, but PPU users can‘t use this function for PBI report, only paginated reports can. 

Microsoft Idea  · Make the Power Automate 'Export To File for Power BI Report' available to Premium-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @schoden 

See this article to automate the export of PDFs from Power BI using Power Automate. https://medium.com/bi-helper/burst-your-power-bi-reports-838ab593f7bc

This solution works with a single Power BI Pro license. 

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@schoden 

vjaneygmsft_0-1640154633655.png

I'm sorry I was wrong before.

Premium licence is definitely OK, but PPU users can‘t use this function for PBI report, only paginated reports can. 

Microsoft Idea  · Make the Power Automate 'Export To File for Power BI Report' available to Premium-...

Best Regards,

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @schoden 

Yes, dedicated capacity is the old saying, which is premium capcacity now. PPU user can also use but need to put the report to ppu workspace.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors