Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Power automate = Export to PDF file from Power BI Report

HI community, 

I used power automate to generate a scheduled export of BI reports for extranal clients.  My current license is Power BI Pro.

The error of the flow says : Required dedicated capacity, Confused which license is required of Power BI ? Will Premium Per User work for this purpose?

Cheers.

report.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@schoden 

vjaneygmsft_0-1640154633655.png

I'm sorry I was wrong before.

Premium licence is definitely OK, but PPU users can‘t use this function for PBI report, only paginated reports can. 

Microsoft Idea  · Make the Power Automate 'Export To File for Power BI Report' available to Premium-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@schoden 

vjaneygmsft_0-1640154633655.png

I'm sorry I was wrong before.

Premium licence is definitely OK, but PPU users can‘t use this function for PBI report, only paginated reports can. 

Microsoft Idea  · Make the Power Automate 'Export To File for Power BI Report' available to Premium-...

Best Regards,

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @schoden 

Yes, dedicated capacity is the old saying, which is premium capcacity now. PPU user can also use but need to put the report to ppu workspace.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors