Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gampy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power Query’s Data Privacy Firewall

Hello Community!

I get a well-known firewall error when I try to embed data received from another source (DataFlow) into an SQL subquery. The option "Always ignore Privacy Level Settings" is set in the report settings. This option is designed to make the Firewall ignore security issues such as referring to another query/partition. But the error remains and it seems it remains only for subqueries that use a link specifically  to DataFlow sources. Power BI Desktop refreshes the reports, Power BI portal doesn’t ( the above error occurs).

I can indeed rewrite the requests in accordance with the recommendations from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/dataprivacyfirewall

Perhaps there are other options that do not require refactoring. I tried to enable the option "Allow combining data from multiple sources" in the settings of the Data Flow source, but it does not help...

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @gampy 

I have found that the only way to get it working is to refactor as per the suggestion in your link.

Or what I have done is to then put all the queries into a single table to get it to run.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors