Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SPeabody
Regular Visitor

Power Query in Power BI services Refresh

I currently have a Power Query that pulls Web API data using Basic Authentication from our online store that works in both Excel and Power BI desktop.  So far, the only way I can find to update the data in Power BI services is to manually update the data set in either the Excel worksheet or Power BI Desktop, then the data will update in Power BI services.  Is there a way to setup Power BI services so that it will refresh the data from the query without having to go into these files and update it first?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have the same request and when I spoke to Microsoft back in June, they confirmed that Power Query will be supported at PowerBI Services by end of the year 2017, so still waiting for this update as many others and hopefully, it is coming soon!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@SPeabody

Unfortunately, it's not supported to store the credential within Web.Contents() in Power Query. See a similar thread below: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Anonymous-access/td-p/19136

Regards,

I have the same request and when I spoke to Microsoft back in June, they confirmed that Power Query will be supported at PowerBI Services by end of the year 2017, so still waiting for this update as many others and hopefully, it is coming soon!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors