i'm experiencing issues when exporting my visuals to power point from the service:
2 Days ago this was still working fine.
Anyone know what kind of issue that is and how i can work around it?
It's hard to reproduce. You mean you can export to ppt two days ago.
1. Did you make any changes?
2. How many pages does the report have? The limitation is 15 pages.
3. What is the visual?
4. Where was this error message from? In the PPT or in the PBI Service?
Please refer to: powerbi-service-publish-to-powerpoint/#limitations.
1. No changes made
2. The report got 4 Pages, containing a lot of visual (4 per Page). All other visuals are exported
3. The visual is a 100% stacked bar chart with 3 Measures and a 2 level hierachy
4. The Error message is from the PPT, in the service the visual displays fine
It seems good according to my test. Are there any big Background images? Please try to create a single visual and then export it. If the issue is still there. I would suggest creating a support ticket here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.
I could resolve the issue by reducing the load time for my visuals considerably.
I assume the timeout happens when the visual can not be created in a given time specified by the service.
I refactored most of the calculations in my report from Measures into either calculated columns
or pre-calculated values in the import with M.
Therefore, when generating the powerpoint, the services does not need to calculate all the measures for the view
as most of the content data is already pre-calculated.
Hope that makes sense.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Check out how to claim yours today!
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.