Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shaftsbury
Frequent Visitor

Power Point - 2nd slide issue

Every time I export a particular report to Power Point the 2nd slide content is always pushed over to the right side.PPT-Issue.jpg

I know it is not a problem with the visuals because I can change the order of my pages in the report and still get the same result.

This is the only report that does this, so I really can't understand what is going on, I have tried re-creating the first page, I have re-saved the report numerous times but the issue remains. ???

6 REPLIES 6
timgould
Frequent Visitor

This is also happening to me.  I'd expect it is system related - but surprised not to hear more on this issue.  It is always the second slide (after the title page).  Very inconvenient.

I believe it may have something to do with the way it formats the slide, i just recently found out that if I have a visual as the first object on the slide it pushes it over to the right, however if you have a textbox as the first object on the slide it doesn't.  ???

I ended up making a special page in the report that just has a simple text box and a small amount of text, it isn't pinned to the dashboard but gets exported to power point. seems to work...

This is an interesting thing to look for - of course it would be consierded a bug - right?

I created a dummy firs tab with a text box - and then it bummped the graphics on my second tab (third slide)...

I put a dummy (empty) chart on the first tab - and republished...  This seemed to fix it for now...

...Hacking bugs...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shaftsbury,

1. How many visuals did you define on the first report page? Is there any custom visuals?

2. Check the Page Size for the first report page, make sure it's the same as other report pages.

q2.PNG

3. Download the report and open it in the latest desktop version, republish to service then export to PowerPoint to see if the same issue exists.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

There are 4 visuals on each page and all of the pages are identical except for the data sources.

I can swap the order of the pages and the 2nd slide is always the only one that is affected, which leads me to believe that something is happening during the export to Powerpoint.

Are there any settings that would affect the export other than the page size?

dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

I don't know the exact reason for this, but i have found a great way to present power BI dashboards via power point slide itself. please follow the below link and add this as a power point add-ins. this saved a lot of slides in my presentation.

https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&assetid=WA104379699&appredirect=fals...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors