Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GerhardPBIForum
Regular Visitor

Power KPI Matrix visual causing Internet Explorer 11 to freeze / crash

Hi,

about 2 weeks ago we noticed that the Power KPI Matrix visual is causing Internet Explorer 11 to freeze / crash:

When opening a report or App in IE 11 that is using this visual on Power BI Service, IE stops working and freezes. It won't come back again.

This behavior we didn't observe before: all was running fine in IE 11.

The same reports and Apps are still running without any problems in Chrome and Edge.

We have already tried - without success:

- cleaning teh browser cache

- using private mode

- using compatibility mode

Any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards

Gerhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

According to the feedback we got from Microsoft, it's a bug in the vizual itself.

Should be solved with the next update which should be available by end of June.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GerhardPBIForum ,

Please update your Power bi desktop to the latest version and recreate the visual. Then delete the dataset in Power bi service and republish the report to check it again.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks for your reply - unfortunately it ended up in my spam folder so that I just saw it now.

Anyway, your proposal didn't solve the problem. We had also launched a support case with MS and we just got confirmation that the observed behavior is due to a bug. A fix should be provided by end of June 2019.

I just don't know yet if this relates to IE, Power BI Service or the Power KPI Matrix visual.

I will update once I have more information.

Best regards

Gerhard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @GerhardPBIForum for the update.  Look forward to hearing more as you find out.

According to the feedback we got from Microsoft, it's a bug in the vizual itself.

Should be solved with the next update which should be available by end of June.

Hey @GerhardPBIForum, do you know if version 3.1.1.0 of the Power KPI Matrix, released on 6/27/2019, was supposed to fix the IE11 freezing issue?

I've updated the visualization in my existing reports, as well as created new reports with the visualization downloaded fresh from the marketplace, and IE11 is still freezing.

Hi,

IE11 is still freezing with our report, too. Version 3.1.1.0 doesnh't seems to solve the problem.

We were informed that another update of the visual should fix this - but we didn't receive any further information yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors