cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommy_g
Helper V
Helper V

Power Embedded Gen 2 - can I embed a complete Power BI "app" in a website?

I have seen plenty of posts, blogs and videos which address embedding Power BI Reports. I am pretty sure I read that it is also possible to embed a complete "app", which includes Dashboards and navigation. I just cannot find anywhere this is demonstrated to work. For reference, you can now embed my app in Teams, no-code solution.

I've been told by developers this is not possible, but I don't believe them. 

I would appreciate any advice on where to look, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tommy_g ,

Are you looking for this?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-sample-for-customers?tabs=net-cor... 

Or can you share some blogs or videos?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tommy_g ,

Are you looking for this?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-sample-for-customers?tabs=net-cor... 

Or can you share some blogs or videos?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Yes, it addresses my question reasonably well. If I understand it correctly, I can embed reports (easy) and  dashboards (maybe) or build these up via API calls. I need to read more deeply, back soon with clarifications.

mohammedadnant
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @tommy_g 

I don't think there is a way to embed the entire app in the Embed version.

Please give kudos (hit the like button) to my answer.
Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Adnan
Learn Power Platform for free: https://www.youtube.com/c/taik18

I have an answer, thanks to all who guided me to it. I've seen Power BI embedded in probably hundreds of places, including my own websites. One can embed a simple URL and if authentication is not needed, it works just fine. Just a URL or iFrame easily obtained in the online service. This is not, however, Power BI Embedded which is a separate mid-code solution which runs on different pricing plans. See A and EM.

PowerApps portal is designed as a low-code extension to Dynamics. It is NOT intended to host other apps which require a complex or secured environment. The official answer is that you CANNOT run Power BI Embedded in a PowerApps Portal. It is unfortunate the client made a bad choice. Realistically there is no valid use-case for even trying. 

I appreciate your attention to this. I am not going to mark it as a solution because I would like a second opinion from other forum members. 

Per my original post - "For reference, you can now embed my app in Teams, no-code solution."

Since this capability went live just after Embedded Gen 2 went GA, I think it is pretty obvious Microsoft is using the API to do exactly what I am looking for in another context. They could not do this if there was no API capability. They may not share it, they might be way ahead of the community, but I see it "live" in Teams.

So it CAN be done. 

Hi @tommy_g 

I agree, lets wait for other members to respond.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohammed Adnan

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors