Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KEO46
Regular Visitor

Power Bi vs Excel/Powerpoint

Do anyone have suggestions on how to persuade someone to use Power Bi for company KPI reports rather than using Excel and PowerPoint?  When I suggest it the main concern is the consumers are not Data and computer savvy to use it.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Start small with a proof of concept that makes something that was previously difficult easier and demonstrates the value to the business. 

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create both reports in Pbi and Excel and present it advantages.

Power Point still can be used by Power Bi, its even better use Pbi than excel in it. Create power point file to show how the program can interactive can be inside of it. I think excel excel is way slower when Big data is importing from servers.

There are a lot of articles with comparison

https://www.wallstreetmojo.com/power-bi-vs-excel/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create both reports in Pbi and Excel and present it advantages.

Power Point still can be used by Power Bi, its even better use Pbi than excel in it. Create power point file to show how the program can interactive can be inside of it. I think excel excel is way slower when Big data is importing from servers.

There are a lot of articles with comparison

https://www.wallstreetmojo.com/power-bi-vs-excel/

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Start small with a proof of concept that makes something that was previously difficult easier and demonstrates the value to the business. 

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors