Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

basirve
Helper III
Helper III

Power Bi report view access start time and end time ?

Dear Experts,

We have a report built-in power BI and we want to track as what time can be accessed the report(it means access start time, access end time)

Example: User1 can access the sales report on 18/05/2020 2:10 PM and he can used this report until 18/05/2020 2:20 PM, after that he closed the report on. we want to user1 access start time and end time, Can we get those details in the Audit log. (it seems only view the report start time we can get it from audit logs data but how we can get session access end time ?

Please let me know how to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Venkat.

1 REPLY 1
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @basirve ,

After my tests and research, I think it is not supported to get access end time currently.

For more details, you could refer to the following documents:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/getactivityevents

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-auditing

You may use the "CreationTime" to calculate the interval, but it will have uncertain deviations.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors