Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi refresh

My Power Bi refresh is successful but amnot seeing the data on the visualization

This is happening for all the reports on the workspace can anyone guide me how to solve this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I raised the ticket and it seems the issue is with dataset which has data coming from Google analytics alone

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back one more observation, 
When I refresh the files locally it works and well and I can see the updated data.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that the data is not displayed as shown in the figure below? Are there any error messages for these visuals? Can you share your screenshot?

v-kkf-msft_0-1616751704687.png

Does this situation occur in all your reports? Do the reports in this situation all come from the same data source?
Does this only happen to you? If you share the report with other users, can they see the data?

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft - thanks for responding!

The issue is happening to me only and specifically to reports which have Google analytics as a data source. I hope this helps to get some ideation

ChGe
Frequent Visitor

Try to connect with e.g. Excel to the Dataset, to double check if the data is really updated.

If the Data is really up to date I would check if there is 1. a Report wide filter and 2. If the reports really depend on the correct Dataset which has the new data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

checked all the above option things look good
As said earlier the data is updated locally not on the workspace.

Hi @Anonymous,

If the data refreshes fine on the desktop and not in the Service, I would suspect that the Gateway is not connected (assuming that it is needed).  Are you getting Gateway errors?  Or, what are the errors on the Refresh in the Dataset for this report in the Service?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq - 
As you can see the image below the refresh is successful, i do not use gateway since data is on cloud. But the data does not reflect on the dashboard

rohnair_0-1616566662698.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you tried this on other browsers?  Is this happening to just you or to everybody?  I would try other browsers and then try the original browsers again but clear the cache.  That will ensure that the browser isn't "holding" the view.  Also, you can select the "refresh visuals" option so that the visuals are updated to the latest data refresh.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @collinq i tried the same but no change the refresh does not reflect data. any idea how to raise a ticket with Power BI ?

Hey @Anonymous ,

You can raise a ticket through your O365 tenant.  That would be the way to get the fastest response.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I raised the ticket and it seems the issue is with dataset which has data coming from Google analytics alone

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors