Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jfenico
Helper III
Helper III

Power Bi new on-premise gateway not registering

I originally had a personal gateway setup on a server that is no longer available (decomissioned). Before it was decomissioned I uninstalled the personal gateway.

I switched the gateway over to a new server (though this new gateway is on-premise, not personal). When I browse to the Manage Gateway section I am able to see the new gateway and add all of the credentials for the different data sources. However, if I go to settings and try to setup a refresh schedule, the new on-premise gateway is NOT listed but the old personal gateway is and listed as offline.

I have done the following

Removed and readded the dataset.

Uninstall and reinstall the gateway on the new server multiple times. 

The gateway itself says it's connected from the server side, but Power BI refuses to list the new gateway under settings.

4 REPLIES 4

@jfenico Either you have a datasource connection that doesn't match explicitly, or you are mixing cloud and on premises connections in the same file - unsupported in the On Premises Data Gateway. - those would be my initial first guesses.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno,

Just so I understand correctly, do all of the datasource connections need to be working in order for the new gateway to be registered?

@jfenico All the datasources within the same dataset need to be connected to the same Gateway in order for it to be used in the refresh.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Gotcha, I know right now some of the sources are running into connection limits so we'll need to take care of that first. I'll try to update sometime this week! Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors