Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alexpaloma

Power Bi license in Azure AD

Hi all,

How can I add Power BI Pro License in the Azure Active Directory - License - All Product so I can assignt it to users?

Below is an image showing that I only see Free Power Bi license.

alexpaloma_0-1641227208856.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexpaloma ,

Follow these steps to assign Power BI Pro licenses to individual user accounts:

1. Sign in to the Azure portal.

2. Search for and select Azure Active Directory.

3. Under Manage on the Azure Active Directory resource menu, select Licenses.

4. Select All products from the Licenses - Overview resource menu, then select Power BI Pro to display the list of licensed users.

5. From the command bar, select + Assign. On the Assign license page, first choose a user, then select Assignment options to turn on a Power BI Pro license for the selected user account.

Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro#assign-license... .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexpaloma ,

Follow these steps to assign Power BI Pro licenses to individual user accounts:

1. Sign in to the Azure portal.

2. Search for and select Azure Active Directory.

3. Under Manage on the Azure Active Directory resource menu, select Licenses.

4. Select All products from the Licenses - Overview resource menu, then select Power BI Pro to display the list of licensed users.

5. From the command bar, select + Assign. On the Assign license page, first choose a user, then select Assignment options to turn on a Power BI Pro license for the selected user account.

Refer https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro#assign-license... .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi,

So our IT team in their wisdom has decided to assign free licenses to specific AD groups, ADGroup1_PBI_FREE for example, then we're expected to assign users to that AD group then they will have a PBI free license and will be able to view dashboards. However, we already use other AD groups to determine access to said dashboards for example PBI_Viewer_ADGroup. So that means we have 2 groups to maintain instead of one. We tried adding the PBI_Viewer_ADGroup to the ADGroup1_PBI_FREE but that didn't work. When we checked the Azure AD portal, while the users in PBI_Viewer_ADGroup showed up in the All Members section they didn't show up in teh Direct Members and we're still unable to view the dashboards. We found that only adding them as direct members, so directly to ADGroup1_PBI_FREE would allow them to view the PBI Dashboards. Is there any way we can get this to work so that members of PBI_Viewer_ADGroup can be added to ADGroup1_PBI_FREE  without having to do by individual users?

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

Does it show up if you click Try/Buy? I think the list your photo currently shows is just currently available licences.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

This is what it show wen press Try/Buy.

alexpaloma_1-1641303267617.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors