Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Bi dataset Refresh Issue on Service

Hi,

I have a report that is scheduled to refresh daily. It shows me "Refresh Succeeded" but the visuals on the dashboard do not refresh to show udpated/refreshed data. I have to manually go into Edit option of the dashboard on the Service portal , Refresh it and then the visuals get updated.

This is a very manual process and negates the use of a scheduled refresh for the dashboard. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @veenashenolikar ,

To make dashboard tiles refresh, we need to have the dataset refreshed firstly. You can set schedule refresh for the dataset or manually refresh, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

After the dataset is refreshed, the dashboard tiles will be refreshed within 15 minutes. If you pin live page to the dashboard, then the dashboard is live.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Check your browser settings, there may be some excessive caching going on.  Use F5 to test.

Just to make sure, you are talking about a dashboard with tiles, not a report with pages, right?  Do you see the "Reset to defaults" button?

@lbendlin ,

I have member access on the workspace so the "Reset to Default" option is greyed out. However, my team member has Admin access and can see the option. I was just wondering if this has any impact in the dataset refresh and latest data not appearing into the report.

Thanks!

Hey,

It is not a dashboard with tiles.. I have a report with pages. The dataset gets refreshed but updated data is not seen on the report.

Is this a known behaviour or do i need to do some additional settings/configurations so that once the dataset is refreshed we can see the latest values on the report as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors