Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhampson
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Web Dynamics Online

I want to be able to create my report in Power Bi Desktop connecting to Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Sales, then publish it to Power BI Online. Then I want that report\dashboard to auto update from my data connection to Microsoft Dynamics CRM online.

Can this be done?

I am able to connect my Power Bi Desktop to Microsoft Dynamics CRM online via the online services in Get Data.

However connecting to Power BI online is done differently. When I publish the report I created in the Desktop version, the data becomes static when I publish it to Power Bi Online. I want the report I created to pull\stream data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.

I have a Power Bi Pro license.

Please help !

Thanks

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jhampson,

As Dynamics CRM is a online service, it doesn't require any gateway to built connection. After publish to the service, you can enter the credential connect to Dynamics CRM for the data source then schedule refresh like below. For more information, see: Configuring scheduled refresh.

q1.PNG

To get data use OData data source, you can click Get Data-> Other-> OData Feed in desktop, then paste the URL you get from the Dynamics CRM:

q2.PNG

By the way, you can also make use of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM content pack for Power BI in service.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@jhampson You couldn't schedule a refresh on the dataset?

Other options, you could access the information via Odata I believe.

Or, depending on how large your solution and need is you could use the solution template for a full solution.

We personally built a solution prior to the deployment of the solution template. We used Kingswaysoft and SSIS to pull the data down from our online instance into a local sql database and built a tabular model on top to support our reports.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Schedule a dataset refresh from where? Power Bi Desktop and then auto publish to Power BI Online Services?

How can I access odata on Power BI Online Services?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors