Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jonnokc
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Tables Total Row is missing

Hello,

Experiencing an issue when I create a table in Power Bi the totals row will not load. I have this enabled under the format area, but it will not turn on. Data type/Format are set to whole number, it still will not add. I have tried several things. Any ideas?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any measure that is marked with the Sigma in the field list should display a total by default when totals are on. Is there a chance that the field was switched to "Do Not Summarize" if you click the dropdown arrow next to the field name in the Values section?

TableTotals.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Any measure that is marked with the Sigma in the field list should display a total by default when totals are on. Is there a chance that the field was switched to "Do Not Summarize" if you click the dropdown arrow next to the field name in the Values section?

TableTotals.PNG

I'm having this issue, and my question is why is the sigma not there if the fields are numeric? Yes, I can click Sum for the numeric fields but then I have to rename the field to delete "Sum of". I don't consider this a solution as much as I consider it a workaround for a bug.

Why does the field listing not just have the sigma next to the numeric fields? This would be expected behavior. After all, I don't have sum as an option for my text fields. If the sum option is there, then the field listing is "aware" it's a numeric field and should be totaling unless set otherwise as long as the Totals option is flipped on.

I am having the same issue. My column is formatted as a whole number, and under values, I don't have the option of clicking Sum.

thegeo
Frequent Visitor

I don't know if you're still having this issue all these months later, but it sounds like your field isn't numeric.

I would double-check that. Maybe format as decimal or something and see if that does anything.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors