Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi Service not pulling latest rows from SharePoint list

Hi All,
My Power BI report in Power Bi Service, is not pulling new rows from the source, SharePoint List.
When refreshed, PBI pulls data of the exisitng rows and its latest data, but it not pulling any new rows added to the sharepoint list.

The Strange thing is that, when I download the pbix file, and opened and refreshed in Power BI Desktop, it is pulling the new rows as well.

Could anyone think what is causing Power BI Service to act like this.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

@GilbertQ @v-easonf-msft 

I found out what was causing it the issue.

My dates in the report online was somehow wrong, it was showing 1 day less the actual date in SharePoint.

So if you logged a ticket on 30/03 then it power bi online it process as 29/03.

So When I applied the date slicer to the current date, no data was returned because in power online it was yesterdays date.

I also found that date/time fields are changed in online the time is 2 hours earlier than the actual time in SharePoint.

But the date and  the date/time is correct in the desktop version.

Looks like power bi online is coverting dates into some other time zone date.

Do anyone know how to fix this issue?

Many Thanks,

Cleir

Looks like the

Hi there

All date/time is based off UTC for the Power BI Servers.

What you would need to do is to adjust your DateTime columns with the offset of what your time zone is.

For example I am in a time zone of UTC +10, so I have to add 10 hours to my datetime columns using the #duration(0,10,0,0)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but there is only an offset in the dayligh saving time esle there is no offset. 

Hi ,  @Anonymous 

I‘m still a little confused  with your  problem .

Please  follow steps below to check whether there are any differences in the  data   returned from desktop table visual and service table visual.

1)get data from  sharepoint list ,  extract the  "date modifield"  field into a table visual and create a custome  column (UTC +2)

= Table.AddColumn(Source, "Custom", each DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Date modified],2))

55.png

2)Then publish the report to service 

54.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

What is the refresh you mean on the service,dataset refresh or just the refresh of the report?

Make sure you have  refreshed  the dataset  as below  rether than part of  data using in report.

85.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

How are you connecting to the SharePoint list to refresh the data?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors