Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeffreyZhang
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Service, DataGateway Choice

I am trying to set up DataGateway on PowerBi Service. I already have On-premise DataGateway(Personal Mode) Install on my laptop. There are two things I am confused on:

1) One of the dataset I had in my workspace, when I tried to create a schedule refresh, it shows the option of connect directly instead of letting me use a DataGateway, what does this mean?

2) I do see the choice of Personal Gateway when I set up schedule refresh with other datasets, but I dont see the any Gateway when I click into Setting > Manage Gateways. Why is the gateway I installed does not show up in here?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect Directly is used when your data sources are all cloud hosted within the Office 365 system.  No need for a gateway because it can directly access the data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect Directly is used when your data sources are all cloud hosted within the Office 365 system.  No need for a gateway because it can directly access the data.

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors