cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
odai3636 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Power Bi Service Cache Error on Data Refresh

we're sorry, an error occured during evaluation, the evaluation reached the allowed cache size limit, try increasing the allowed cache size, the exception raised by the IDbCommand interface

18 REPLIES 18
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Power Bi Service Cache Error on Data Refresh

Hi @odai3636 ,

More details will help us understand your scenario better. Please let me know the information below.

What data source do you use and how do you connect it?

When do you get this error? Manually refresh or schedule refresh?

Do you have the refresh error for all datasets or the specific one?

Please check if your gateway is online.

In addition, it seems that your error message is not complete, please share the detail error message for us so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cjimenezve Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

I have the same error in Power BI Pro since yesterday (10/03/2019) in daily scheduled refresh:

Failure details:

We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: xxx.

I'm currently connecting to web data and this error are only for the Power BI Pro but when I refresh manually with Power Bi Desktop I have no problems. Also when I have forced by manually refresh in Power Bi Pro the smae error has appear.

Kind Regards,

NewToThis Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this same issue. 

The message I recieve is identical: "We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: x".

This occurs for automatic refreshes on Power BI service. When I manually refresh on Power BI desktop, the refresh goes through, but when I publish to Power BI service, it won't update. I keep getting that same message.

The data source is an odata feed, but the other odata feeds in the dashboard work fine. The only particular thing I notice about this table is that it's large (>1,000,000 Rows).

I'm thinking I might be able to trim the data, to reduce the size of the query.

LavinaVRovine Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@v-piga-msft  Getting same error since around Friday/Saturday 08.03.2019/09.03.2019.

Using web connector to download CSV file. The error happens only with "large" files, ie > 1M rows

The error happens with both on-demand and scheduled refresh, but no trouble is encountered in PBI offline.

Full error:

Poslední neúspěšná aktualizace: Tue Mar 12 2019 10:40:52 GMT+0100 (Středoevropský standardní čas)
Při zpracování dat v datové sadě došlo k chybě.
Skrýt podrobnosti

Chyba zdroje dat:We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: Unique Shops.
URI clusteru:WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
ID aktivity:05c1bf0c-8e33-4210-8bf4-370e654af625
ID žádosti:80c4def9-f80e-4818-9f36-57e04a19940e
Čas:2019-03-12 09:40:52Z
Highlighted
triciabi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Had the same problem since Monday. Has anyone found a solution yet? 

My data source is OneDrive and this was a scheduled refresh on all data set. I used to have larger data tables but such issue did not occur. I tried manual refresh but got the same error message. For other reports with much smaller datasets the refresh didn't seem to have any problems. 

Thanks.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: orders_mass_action.
叢集 URIWABI-EAST-ASIA-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
活動 IDe835e566-f958-4f4e-8617-da594a17d87d
要求 ID98840b17-46ab-422c-a3e5-72a55c80b742
時間2019-03-11 04:23:43Z

@v-piga-msft wrote:

Hi @odai3636 ,

More details will help us understand your scenario better. Please let me know the information below.

What data source do you use and how do you connect it?

When do you get this error? Manually refresh or schedule refresh?

Do you have the refresh error for all datasets or the specific one?

Please check if your gateway is online.

In addition, it seems that your error message is not complete, please share the detail error message for us so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

cjimenezve Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Looks like they are having some problem that are in the support portal:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

triciabi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@cjimenezve wrote:

Looks like they are having some problem that are in the support portal:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thanks for the update. 

Their response to this issue is below: 

Some customers may experience the following error when attempting to perform a Refresh that utilizes M queries: “We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation. The evaluation reached the allowed cache entry size limit. Try increasing the allowed cache size”. Engineers are working on a fix and will provide an ETA soon.

SHHargrove Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

we are having the same problem, but only with one of our datasets

Juha Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The issue still persists. Hoping this will be resolved soon, as it prevents the refresh of reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 1,735 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: