Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cleartelligence

Power Bi Pro trial admin portal issue

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to access the Admin portal on pro trial. When I click on the Admin Portal under Settings, the displayed options are the same as Free version (just Capacity Settings and Refresh Summary).

How can I see the below options in my admin portal?

cleartelligence_0-1670073971234.png

What do I need to do to get the other admin portal options? Also how can I switch my power bi pro trial to power bi premium trial?

Appreciate the help here.

Regards,

Salman Afzal

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @cleartelligence 

You need an Admin role of Power Bi and a at least a Pro license

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cleartelligence ,

1. Because of your account is just a user role for Powe BI, you could not access the admin portal.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1670207250440.png

2. Now, you colud trial Pro and PPU license for the new Power BI account, you could trial total 60 days, youcould click "Trial now" to trial it on the Power BI Service Portal, you could find it when you click your login account for Power BI now on the right top.

For more details, you can read related document:What is Power BI administration? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , About admin roles in the Microsoft 365 admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn , Assign admin roles the Microsoft 365 admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cleartelligence ,

1. Because of your account is just a user role for Powe BI, you could not access the admin portal.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1670207250440.png

2. Now, you colud trial Pro and PPU license for the new Power BI account, you could trial total 60 days, youcould click "Trial now" to trial it on the Power BI Service Portal, you could find it when you click your login account for Power BI now on the right top.

For more details, you can read related document:What is Power BI administration? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , About admin roles in the Microsoft 365 admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn , Assign admin roles the Microsoft 365 admin center - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. Great

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @cleartelligence 

You need an Admin role of Power Bi and a at least a Pro license

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors