Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power Bi Pro 1y Trial missing

I have been using power bI service for quite a while and at some point may have temporariarly used the Pro trial by mistake. I was expecting on 1st June to be able to activate the 1Y trial, but al lI am bering shown is another 60 day trial. Why am I not seeing the 1Y trial activation?  I read that using a trial before didn't make me inelligable for the new extended trial.

I have another user who signed up maybe 2 months ago who can activate the 1Y trial

Thanks

Mike Asplin

17 REPLIES 17
AMSWETT
Frequent Visitor

Several from my team are experiencing this issue too. Many are Mac users but there are also PC users.  I cannot find a consistent factor.  We have all been using since last year or early this year.

They only get the 60 day trial now.

How can we ensure they can get/activate the 12 month trial?

amarillo

I have the same problem too. 😞

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @masplin.

Can you ensure you suitable below conditions which about expand the pro trial? If you suitable for it, you will receive the notice of extended power bi pro trial deadline.

Extended Power BI Pro trial terms and conditions

• General purpose: The free 12-month extended Power BI Pro trial offer (the “Offer”) is available to existing qualified users of the free Power BI service, in order to address changes to the service effective June 1 related to the ability to distribute and receive content. Eligible users will receive the Offer beginning June 1, 2017 and ending May 31, 2018.
  • Eligibility: Users who registered for the free Power BI service on or before May 2, 2017 and have signed into the service at least once between May 2, 2016 and May 2, 2017 are eligible for the Offer.
  • Exclusions: Power BI Pro and Power BI Pro trial users are not eligible for the Offer.
  • Term: The Offer will begin on June 1, 2017 and end on May 31, 2018. Acceptance can occur at any time during the 12-month period, though the offer will terminate on May 31, 2018 for all users regardless of when they accepted the Offer.

Reference link:

May 3 announcement overview

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi

Yes we all regsitered before 2/5/17.  It is possible some users activated the pro trial even though we werent using it. However microsft came out and said this woudl NOT be a cause to be inelligable. I think I might have turned it on for a day then turned it off as wanted to understand when it was needed. We have had no time to assess if Power BI is a cost effective (given new costs) solution for us.

Mike 

See this page where they changed the conditions about the trial

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-extended-pro-trial/

see post from microsoft about having previously used the trial. They later changed the terms. 

Re: May 3 announcement FAQ

[ Edited ]

Hi @masplin,

As long as your users meet the terms and conditions here, they will be eligible for the extended Power BI Pro trial even if they've previously used the standard 60-day trial.

Hi @masplin,

Current some of users not receive the notice even they suitable the conditions, perhaps you can contact to power bi team to ensure if you have got the extended permission.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I have and 9 days later waiting for thme to respond. completely useless.  How would you contact the power bi team?

Send me a PM with your email. I will take a look.
Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.
AdamWilson
Employee
Employee

Hi Mike, can you send me a private message with the user I'd you use to sign in to Power Bi with?

Hello Adam, 

Something similar happened in my organization, as of right now only 2 people got the extended pro trial offer, but we expected more, can you help me find out why they didn't get the offer?

Thanks!

Hi @hohlick and @carlosolivas,

Sorry you're running into problems.  Here are some things to troubleshoot:

1. Please have the user try visiting https://app.powerbi.com in their browser again.  It is possible that they signed in before the activation prompt had been delivered for their particular user account, in which case trying again now should work.
  2. Double-check the user is eligible according to the criteria in our doc article.
  3. The user might already have a Pro license.  You can see this by going to the Gear, then clicking Manage Personal Storage.  More detailed instructions are on this page in the section labelled "What this looks like within the service".

Hi Adam,

I also have users who have similar issues:

They meet all the criteria for the 12 month extended trial.

They received the notification for the 12 month trial.

They clicked on the Activation button within the notification.

They were still unable to view our Dashboard & could still see the alert telling them that they'd need to upgrade in order to view the Dashboard.

The Notification has disappeared from the Notification Centre.

The only option they are now presented with are for the 60 day trial.

Please can someone help?

Many Thanks

Lynsey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,Adam!

It is my problem too. It will be great you help me

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Me too logged out and logged it still nly access to 60 day trial. I think the users who cannot get the 1y trial are ones who may have briefly tried the pro trial before.  We were told that even if you had this would not exclude us form the new 1y trial, but i suspect it has hence why some users see 60 day and some 1Y.  The onyl user in my organisation who can gett he 1Y was one I know never used the old trial.

I just see this

Capture.PNG

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Defening silince from Microsoft????  We are complete screwed with no managemnt information and no repsonse. Promise of an extended trial, but actual many of us can't actually use it. Please can someone at microsft actually repsond and sort the issue out.

HI @Adam Wilson
1. Tried from different PC, browsers etc. No changes.
2. Double checked
3. Double checked. Everywhere there is "base user", "free license" in administration panel, etc. Available space is 20Gb, but no functionality of Pro license.
Maxim Zelensky
excel-inside.pro

Hi Adam.

The same thing. At least two users get e-mail on 3rd of May about trial, both was active before, and no way - no notification at all and only standard requests to Upgrade or Start a new trial.

Who can help? Or there is some line to get these notifocations?

Maxim Zelensky
excel-inside.pro

Hi Adam and Mike,

I am currently experiencing the same issue with my organization. How do we initiate the 1 year free trial?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors