Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Quentin
Helper III
Helper III

Power Bi Premium per User relation with Pro User

Sorry if there are a lot of info about it, i actually think there too much and get lost and cannot get myself a precise idea...

Is it posible de use a Premium per User licence as the Top developper of powerbi, create ML and use XMLA but still interact with Pro Users?

For example, i create a dataflow with ML funcionalities, then does the user need a Premium per user licence to consume this dataflow? 
I create a Dataset that read this dataflow, can a Pro User read y build upon this dataset? 
Can i share content created above this dataflow as normal report to other workspace? 

Sorry i get a lot confused...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Quentin 

If you build any content in a PPU workspace that content is restricted to other PPU licence holders. Pro users may be able to see the Workspace (if they have access) but they will not be able to connect to a dataset, dataflow report or dashboard that is in that workspace without getting a PPU licence. If you copy a report from a PPU workspace to a pro workspace users still cannot open that report without a PPU licence.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Quentin 

If you build any content in a PPU workspace that content is restricted to other PPU licence holders. Pro users may be able to see the Workspace (if they have access) but they will not be able to connect to a dataset, dataflow report or dashboard that is in that workspace without getting a PPU licence. If you copy a report from a PPU workspace to a pro workspace users still cannot open that report without a PPU licence.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Thank you for your direct and clear anwer! Maybe the documentation need to get this clarity 😉 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors