Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Bi P1 SKU - Questions about Azure Datalake and Premium

Hello Community  -  Our company is being sold and that company is who holds the tenant license for Power Bi.   They have a P2 SKU. 

Our new owners do not use Power Bi...but recognize that we do...and have offered to purchase a P1 Premium Capacity SKU.  

I have never been the Power Bi admin...but am likely about to be.  

Question:   With the purchase of a P1 SKU, is it required that we (or our new owners) also purchase Azure or to have an Azure datalake?   Or, if we get the P1 Gen 2...is that sort of natively included?  

We do use dataflows frequently (to connect to our ancient ERP system).    So we must have that capability in our new tenant. 

Question:  Does the 100TB storage apply to P1?    Documentation from MS does not specify - it just says:  Storage is set to 100 TB per capacity node.

And I've just found out thru Microsoft support that they do not support "domain" migrations...only "location" migrations.   So it seems I have tons of manual work ahead of me.  

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You are correct in that you will still get the 100 TB capacity as a P1 is a node.

You should be able to start with a P1 and see how that goes, the only difference between a P1 and a P2 is the amount of CPU and memory capacity, all other functions are the same.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ  I'm still confused a bit about whether we need to purchase Azura datalake or not.  Or if everything we need is sort of encompassed within the P1 SKU itself.  

Hi @Anonymous 

You should not need to buy an Azure datalake if you are using dataflows it is all included as part of the P1 subscription

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors