Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lijie

Power Bi Export Data as Summarized Data-downloaded table name changed

On 24th Jan 2023, I exported a report as summarized data and the downloaded table column titles looked like below, which remained the same for the past years.

Lijie_0-1674732243173.png

However, on 26th Jan 2023, when I exported the report as summarized data and the downloaded table column titles changed to below ones ( each with table Name[Column Name] or table name[measure Name]), this happened to all my reports. 

Lijie_1-1674732243191.png

has Power bi changed the layout of export data as summarized data?

7 REPLIES 7
Sidi

Although Keeping connection is good feature but rename the user friendly column name is a very big sin and confuse not only the users but also the developers, I hope that they make both together keep connection and name of columns added by developers.

Now the workaround is in kevingauv reply but hopefully to see soon both to gether connection and name of columns

Lijie

Thanks. 

kevingauv
Advocate II
Advocate II

Microsoft introduce a new way to export data last week. This new option is the now the default one and will keep a live connection between your Excel and the Report.

You'll need to chose the second option in the dropdown list now to use the "old/normal" way to export data into Excel.

kevingauv_0-1674743108106.png

Regards

but this does not completely fix the problem since it does not respect the name of the columns that we change in the dashboard. The user wants to use the table with the name we gave them in the table

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Kevin, you're a lifesaver!

Do you know how to stop this first horrid option from even being displayed?

I looked for this option myself and I didn't find any.

Other thread in the forum are about the same and many peson asked for the same (disable this option).

Maybe Micorsoft will add an option eventually...

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

What's particularly annoying is that it's the DEFAULT one! And you know regular users just want their beautiful table and will have trouble remembering this option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors