Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arranafc19
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power Bi Dashboard Subscriptions

Hi

I have a report with 6 pages and I am looking to get these delivered via subscriptions daily . On the report subscription it only allows me to add one page per subscription but I need all pages in the one email.

I created a dashboard and pinned all the pages to this , and this looks like it will allow me to send all pages in one email.

However , can someone confirm that if I have a schedule refresh running an hour before the subscription , will the dashboard update the pinned reports before sending or does this need to be manually pushed ? 

Regards

Arran 

1 REPLY 1
tctrout
Resolver III
Resolver III

This is slightly difficult to answer without knowing your architeture and setup.  I am assuming you have a dedicated Premium Capacity and my response is geared towards this assumption.

Refreshes along with Subscriptions is considered backend processes while users viewing content and interacting with reports is considered frontend processes.

As long as resources are not constrained, review your premium capacity metrics app, I would believe what you outlined would work (assuming the refresh duration doesnt take an hour).  However, if your capacity is 'peaking', Microsoft prioritizes frontend over backend processes and queues the backend.  

To add more complexity, you are only allowed so many concurrent refreshes per capacity p node, a P1 will allow 6 concurrent refreshes at a time.  

If I was tasked to figure this out, I would study the refresh history of the dataset to establish a baseline on how long it normally takes to complete.  I would then identify what other datasets are scheduled at the same time to see if there will be any concurrency issues.  As a precaution, I would also review the metrics app to see when my organizations peak usage is.   I would also review I would then schedule the subscription to myself and monitor it for a week, seeeing when I receive the email versus knowing when I scheduled the email.  

Hopefully this provides you the tools to help out.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors