Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mg1995
Frequent Visitor

Power-Bi Buttons Images changing after publishing to the server

I have spent a lot of time building a report and now it has caused a lot of trouble for me. Just to make it more interactive i loaded images in the buttons which works perfectly fine in my desktop but as i load it on the server all my report is messing up. Need urgent help as i have to deploy it with or without the images. Image 1 is the Power-bi desktop interface which is the requirment of the client but the interface i get after publishing it to Power-bi web is shown in Image 2. That remove all the colours, resize image and change text location.  Higly appreciate anyone who can help me on it and let me know if its some bug error or something else. 

Image 1(Power-Bi desktop):

Mg1995_0-1631856282975.png

Image 2(Power-Bi Web):

Mg1995_1-1631856327849.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all,

For the original issue posted by @Mg1995 , it is a version issue. The button feature has been updated. For more details, please check this blog.

For the issue after being embeded @Checklist , I have reported internally and the Product Team are working on it. Please be patient. I will post here if there is any update.

For other issues, it is suggested to create a new post to let more users participate more specifically.

I will close this thread and thanks for your understanding.❤️

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Mikko_Sorsa
Advocate I
Advocate I

The problem still exists: The button image size is different in the www site (Power `BI Embedded) comparing to the PBI Service and the PBI Desktop.

Same here with reports embedded in SharePoint Online. This problem also affects shape and margin properties of the button visuals. The rounded rectangle shape does not work and the margin is not applied. Correct button shape in Power BI DesktopCorrect button shape in Power BI DesktopIncorrect button shape in embedded reportIncorrect button shape in embedded reportMargins correctly applied in Power BI DesktopMargins correctly applied in Power BI DesktopMargins not applied in embedded reportMargins not applied in embedded report

Hi @MrPowerBI 

I have reported internally and the Product Team are working on it. Please be patient. I will post here if there is any update

Best Regards,

Still happens:

Desktop:

sixto_jansa_0-1633068250443.png

Web:

sixto_jansa_1-1633068312282.png

dawnc63
Helper I
Helper I

Now that I've downloaded the PBI desktop September 2021 version, the horizontal alignment setting does not appear to be working. The first pic show the horizontal alignment setting and the "Capital Projects" button that is centre-aligned, not left. The second pic is what I am expecting, and what it looked like before the update.  How do I fix?PBI desktop button text alignment.jpg

PBI desktop button text - what Im expecting.jpg

FYI, in doing a little more experimenting, I find that if I reduce the font size of the text on the button so that it doesn't wrap to a 2nd line, it respects the horizontal alignment setting. The minute it wraps, the text centres, and changing the H-alignment has no effect.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mg1995 

This issue has been fixed, and this thread will be closed later. Thank you for your understanding.❤️

If there are other questions, you can also post question in this thread or create a new one.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaotang ,

There is no mismatch between PowerBi Desktop and PowerBi service. However if I shae the report via embedded link (For example report is embeded to Sharepoint) - then these new button formatting options do not work. 

Button in PowerBi service 

Checklist_0-1632375172838.png
Checklist_1-1632375210752.png

Same button when shared via embeded link is blank - seems to me that new button formatting options are not available through embeded link...

Checklist_3-1632375321825.png
Checklist_2-1632375300225.png

Hi all,

For the original issue posted by @Mg1995 , it is a version issue. The button feature has been updated. For more details, please check this blog.

For the issue after being embeded @Checklist , I have reported internally and the Product Team are working on it. Please be patient. I will post here if there is any update.

For other issues, it is suggested to create a new post to let more users participate more specifically.

I will close this thread and thanks for your understanding.❤️

Best Regards,

Any update on this issue? I am still having problems with my embedded report. Thanks in advance.

mike12345
Helper I
Helper I

I was able to resolve this issue with my report.

• Downloaded the September 2021 desktop version
  • Edited the button by doing the following:
    • Removed image from Fill and turned Fill Off.
    • Added image under new Icon option.  Set icon to Custom.  Change icon size from Auto to 75.  You can enter any size to see what is best for your button.  May have to adjust vertical and horizontal alignment
    • Go to Text and line up text to horizontal alignment - centered

Looks like this now

mike12345_0-1632343429330.png

Checklist
Advocate II
Advocate II

September 2021 Desktop update is now available, so it is now possible to apply Shape shadow and shape glow to the button HOWEVER it  does not work when I view the report via Embed Web link. 

Buttons in PowerBi service (Shape shadow option applied)

Checklist_1-1632288698501.png

Buttons in emeded link

Checklist_0-1632288666604.png

ALSO when shape shadow function is enabled then the button text aligment follows the Shape shadow "Preset" option. For example if shape shadow "bottom right" is selected then it is impossible to align the text to left.

* Shape shadow enabled (bottom right) & text aligned to left - you can see that the text does not start from left there is huge gap between left border and the text. 

Checklist_2-1632289049039.png

* Shape shadow turned off and text aligned to middle

Checklist_3-1632291212981.png

I am not sure is it meant to be that way, but for me it does not look logical

mike12345
Helper I
Helper I

I also have the problem with the button images changing after publishing to the Power BI Service.  The buttons are fine from the desktop.  Any solution to this?  The problem just started recently.

From the desktop, buttons look like this:

mike12345_0-1632158808252.png

After publishing

mike12345_1-1632158855792.png

Hi, i suspect its a version issue. The web version has new features and the desktop version is outdated. At the moment the latest version for desktop is till August 2021, but web version could be a September version which isnt launched for the desktop version.

jbj85
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm having an issue which sounds like it's caused by the same thing as you over here: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Change-in-Button-formatting-Desktop-v-Service/m-p/2085945#M...

So I'm interested to hear if you get to the bottom of this!

Mg1995
Frequent Visitor

Hi what i have concluded uptil now is, it has something to with the version. And in that case we cant do much as the latest desktop version is Aug 2021, which could be outdated.

Checklist
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, 

I have the same problem with my reports. One thing I noticed that if you edit the report button in the PowerBi service then there is additional options for the button visual: Shape shadow & glow etc. If I enable the shape shadow or glow function then the picture restores its normal size. However, it gives me error once I try to save the changes that were made in service. Also..these shape options are not available in Desktop for the button visual. 

Checklist_0-1632114485779.png

Checklist_1-1632114688738.png

Hi, i think their isnt much we can do as it could be a version mismatch.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I don't think the text has changed, but the images are rendered larger.  Which browser are you seeing the issue with? What is the zoom level?

By the way, it's "Inventory", not "Inventry".

Thanks for improving my vocabulary but unfortunately i am not here to improve that as i am using what client have in their system. But what i need help is something different which if you dont know how to do it, its totally fine. For your information its not a browser issue, neither is the issue with the zoom level. What i suspect is a bug, because even when i am hovering in desktop version it does on the button while on web version it hovers on icon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors