Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Birdjo
Resolver II
Resolver II

Power BI x Android TV Auto Refresh

We are planning to use Android TVs to display our Power BI reports. We have considered using Intel Compute Stick, and some different Smart TV operational systems and we decided to choose the Android TV. 

What is important for us is to be able to auto refresh. Do you if there are any Android TV browser with auto refresh the display content?

I have also found some workarounds like installing apps which force browsers to reload but I'm not sure that they will be compatible with the TV. 

3 REPLIES 3
solarmovie

No such default android tv applications has thus far been created that we can call end of TV app search. But um using Kodi tv android app and it is pretty cool. I would like you to take a look at that app and then develop your app accordingly.

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Birdjo,

You can set your Power BI report refresh automatically. For online service providers, refresh usually occurs once-a-day. For files loaded from OneDrive, automatic refresh occurs about every hour for data that does not come from an external data source. 

Based on my understanding, data refresh settings are configured for you by Power BI. Ithas nothing to do with which device you are using. So in your scenario, if you configure auto refresh for your report in Power BI site, then when vewing report in Android TV, it will refresh on time.

Reference
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-android-app-get-started/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I have tested an Android TV and it didn't refresh. The dashboard doesn't refresh on PC with Chrome and Firefox too. So something is wrong with the dashboard or the report. I see other people have the same problem too, but I wasn't able to find a solution like many others. 

What I am going to try next is to try to install "Next Browser" on Android TV plus the auto refresh extension for that browser. I hope it will work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors