Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tbobolz
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI will not refresh as, data source is missing credentials, yet data connecton are successful

Hi all,

Hoping for some insight here. I am receiving a refresh error as it states some data source is missing credentials. Yet, I have reviewed all sources connected to this model and all have a "Connection Successful" Status. 

When this first happened, I did notice I was missing one connection, I corrected this and it now displays a successful status, yet it will not let me set my refresh schedule up. Refresh is grayed out. If I manually refresh it give me the data source is missing credentials error too. Not sure where to go from here. This happen once before on another model, and several hours later to corrected itself, but not this time.

Any thouhgts on what I might be missing? IT states I have admin rights, yet it seems as if it is not accepting my credentials. I'll apply changes, put in my Windows Name and Password, it appears to take them and shows a connection successful status

Thanks

Terry

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tbobolz 

Could you please clarify what's the data source? did you manage the data source under the gateway which is running on?could you please share more refresh error details?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi Thnaks for the reply,

Here's my last refresh failure, I have other models running on the same gateway with no issue. 

Last refresh failed: Tue Dec 10 2019 14:51:36 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
Scheduled refresh has been disabled.

Data source error:Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:.
Request ID:.
Time:2019-12-10 21:51:36Z

Yet under the Gatweway Connection and Gateway Cluster, all data sources have a green check mark, however I noticed that in the Gateway connection, where each has a green check mark, the drop down box for "Maps to:" doe snot hold my selection. My other file do have these listed. I have mapped them several times, but they do not stay.

The data souce are cvs files on our gateway server. 

Thanks again.

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors