Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mbalcarek
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI web part page name remains blank

Hello, I have followed the instructions from Embed with report web part in SharePoint Online   to try to embed a Power BI report into our SharePoint Online site page. 

After entering the report's embed link, the 'Page Name' dropdown does not change and remains blank, as does the 'Display' dropdown.

I am guessing there is something wrong on the report side? I can view the report in the service without issue. It has no filters. We use a Premium EM2 workspace. The report is in the same tenant as our SPO.

I am signed onto SharePoint Online as the SharePoint Admin which is not a guest account. I have also tried a regular user (also not a guest). Saving and publishing results in a blank page. Do I need to grant access in the power bi service, before setting the link in the page? What am I missing?

Web partWeb part

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you confirm that you used the SharePoint Online Embedding link?

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes I confirm i am using the SharePoint Online embedded link.

powerbi2.gif

Hi @Mbalcarek ,

After testing, my sample works fine both with Premium and Pro. Do you check that the account of SharePoint is the one of Power BI? And please refresh to try again.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Mbalcarek ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly share your solutions. More people who encounter the same issue will benefit from here. If you are still confused about it, please share more details to us. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hmmm do the users have a Power BI Pro license?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors