Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fredviidul
Frequent Visitor

Power BI was unable to read the application metadata

Hi, 

I created test workspace to evaluate business case, set this up and took Pro Trial for 60 days.

Suddenly  error message appeared preventing me logging in to just created subscription (see below).

I will see this message everywhere (different computers, networks, mobiles) if I try to log in to https://app.powerbi.com  with the user I created. Admin portal https://admin.microsoft.com/ works correctly, so I can create new users to the Power BI portal, but portal itself is inaccessible. Also new users will get always same error message.

I read that this error was often auto resolved, I’m waiting three days, and still cannot log in…

What should I do  - look alternative to Power BI?

You don't have access to view this page.

TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.

Date and Time: 2020-12-29 10:38:04Z

Activity Id: acd295c1-e7ce-46d7-a669-217046543447

Request Id: 460b83ae-41fb-46c5-9e9a-d741e8a37304

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fredviidul
Frequent Visitor

Problem was solved, with going to Admin center and opening Domains list. Domain name had notice, that registering is not finished. By clicking on domain name this message disappeared and now everfything works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
fredviidul
Frequent Visitor

Problem was solved, with going to Admin center and opening Domains list. Domain name had notice, that registering is not finished. By clicking on domain name this message disappeared and now everfything works.

fredviidul
Frequent Visitor

It is really wierd, I upgrded to Pro uding Office Admin senter and paid the fee, but since I cannot  access Power BI portal, I still cannot create support request...

Any Ideas How to enter Support Request without having access to the portal?

Hi  @fredviidul ,

Would you pls go to Azure portal to check about your account?

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/features/azure-portal/

v-kelly-msft_0-1609479973947.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

fredviidul
Frequent Visitor

Hpw can I go Pro if I do not have access to the potal...?

Is there any way do delete mu account from some else admin portal and start all over agan?

Is there any help for tials?

Pritty frustrating - MS is sharing trials, what do not work and not any support...

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

the support page doesn't mention anything for this Support | Microsoft Power BI  and since you don't have a Pro license you can't raise a ticket. Hopefully it is just a temporary issue.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

How many days do you have left in your trial?  Did your company acquire any other types of Power BI license in the meantime?

I created account last week, so 54-55 left in trial. No licenses Acquired.
I tried to publish report to public web, what did not respond, then tis choice disappeared in menu and after that I was no able to access account.
Maybe publishing to web created some error situation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors