Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

montanaBI
Frequent Visitor

'Power BI was unable to read the application metadata' issue on a specific machine

I have an an issue with a specific machine on my network, recently i have been getting the error message;

"Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later."

Which is causing a report failure, however a machine restart cures the issue until the next time it re-occurs (its happened twice in the past 4 days).

I have a neighbour machine running the same report (different filters returning less data), for which this error does not show.  General Power BI performance on this machine is also degraded (same spec as its neighbour machine)

Both machines are using the latest version of Microsoft Edge

Any help appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, a restart cured the issue, as i type this its still working fine. However thats not to say it wont re-occur as its happened twice in the past 4 days.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
montanaBI
Frequent Visitor

This issue has since happened on another occasion. I cleared the Edge brower cache with no success, a restart then fixed the issue (?temporarily).

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @montanaBI ,

Could you please tell me if you could open the report succfully now ? Because i  find some familar case with this error, and it often auto resolved.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

hi, a restart cured the issue, as i type this its still working fine. However thats not to say it wont re-occur as its happened twice in the past 4 days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors