Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sbw
Frequent Visitor

Power BI top 10

Based on a table of customers, customer sales values and salesmen, I have a bar chart visual of salesmen and each one's total sales. On the same page, I have another bar chart visual that shows the top ten customers, but this shows the top ten for all salesmen (some bars faded if the selected salesman only has a few customers on the top ten). How can I get the top ten visual to display the salesman's top ten customers, some of which will not be in the 'all customers' top ten, and exclude customers for other salesmen?

Sorry if this is a trivial question but I am stuck! 

Many thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

same principle if you need a specific costumer you need to put a filter on the report or in the filter pane, so the user can select the costumer to visualize on the visual you showing the top 10, basically if the filter unselected will show the top 10 of all salesman if a salesman selected on the filter will show the top 10 of that specific costumer, 

Options: 

1) salesmen filter on the report pane

2) salesmen filter on the filter pane 

either way the user can interact with the filter and select the salesmen to visualize 

option 3) configure either option and use in the options of the filsters format a single selection option so the report always filter or the visual on only 1 given salesmen

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sbw
Frequent Visitor

Many thanks Stefano, I am grateful for your help.

Simon

sbw
Frequent Visitor

Hi Stefano

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this does not do what I was looking for. It gives the top n of all customers and I want the top n of the selected salesman's customers.

Do you know if that is possible?

Simon

same principle if you need a specific costumer you need to put a filter on the report or in the filter pane, so the user can select the costumer to visualize on the visual you showing the top 10, basically if the filter unselected will show the top 10 of all salesman if a salesman selected on the filter will show the top 10 of that specific costumer, 

Options: 

1) salesmen filter on the report pane

2) salesmen filter on the filter pane 

either way the user can interact with the filter and select the salesmen to visualize 

option 3) configure either option and use in the options of the filsters format a single selection option so the report always filter or the visual on only 1 given salesmen

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

you can add this via the filter pane, add to the visual the field used for the ranking, them use advance filter (even if the field its already on the visual add it again as another visual filter pane), them selecthe the topn setting add the by value field again in here and apply

StefanoGrimaldi_0-1610822503081.png

if this solved your question give some kudos and please mark it as solution for others to find it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors