Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kevin

Power BI table name is modified by the system ?

I am trying to output my stream analytics result from Azure IoT Hub to Power BI dataset and then create dashboards.

However, after I click to start the stream analytics job, the table name in streaming dataset (which is generated automatically) is modified from my original setting to "RealTimeData".

I will get error messages "The visual has unrecognized fields." when creating a line chart.

Wondering to know the reason and a solution.

Thanks.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-caliao-msft,

After completing my IoT hub stream analytics settings,  I accidentally enabled real-time streaming feature by applying Office 365 business trial because I try to enable schedule refresh function for my dashboard.

Before upgrading to Power BI Pro, everything seems fine.

Should I wait until this business trial expire or any step I can do to make my dashboard work ?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kevin,

Power BI real-time streaming is a preview feature, could you provide us detail step to reproduce this issue, so that we can reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

With Power BI real-time streaming, you can stream data and update dashboards in real-time. Any visual or dashboard that can be created in Power BI can also be created to display and update real-time data and visuals. Here is adocument for you reference.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-real-time-streaming/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi @v-caliao-msft,

After completing my IoT hub stream analytics settings,  I accidentally enabled real-time streaming feature by applying Office 365 business trial because I try to enable schedule refresh function for my dashboard.

Before upgrading to Power BI Pro, everything seems fine.

Should I wait until this business trial expire or any step I can do to make my dashboard work ?

Thanks.

Hi Kevin,

You could use schedule refresh function for my dashboard until you business trial expire.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors