Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gmarinov
Frequent Visitor

Power BI stand alone licence

Hi,

We are a consultancy building Power BI dashboards for our clients.

Normally if our clients do not have Power BI Pro licence and do not have Microsoft 365 licence at all we create a tenant for them within our organisation and allocate a Power BI Pro licence to that tenant.

However, we have a not for profit client and as such they would benefit from the Microsoft non-profit discount. Is it possible for them to purchase Power BI Pro licence as a stand alone without having Microsoft 365 licence?

Thanks in advance!
Georgi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know they would need to create the Power BI license through their channel to get the Non-Profit discount.

Once that is done, it actually creates an Office 365 tenant and an AAD, which you could then get acccess to?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gmarinov ,

As the official document said, you need Office365 trial.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know they would need to create the Power BI license through their channel to get the Non-Profit discount.

Once that is done, it actually creates an Office 365 tenant and an AAD, which you could then get acccess to?

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks GilbertQ!

In this case do they just pay for Power BI Pro or also for the Office 365 tenant and AAD?

I see that Power BI Pro is $3 per user and Microsoft 365 Premium is free for up to 10 users and above that is $5 per user. I guess they would then have to pay $3 per user for the first 10 users and then $8 per user for every additional user or is there any other cost I am missing?

Hi @gmarinov ,

Ah, ok, so, you do NOT have to purchase the O365 to use Power BI Pro.  They can be purchased separately and are not dependent on each other.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @gmarinov ,

As @GilbertQ  stated, they have to make the purchase to get the non-profit rate.  I am not sure where you are getting the "free" Premium license from, do you have a link for that?  

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq,

Thanks for your response. 
Here is the link where I saw the nonprofit pricing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors