Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

Power BI service scheduled refresh failed.

Hi Team,

My data source is a SharePoint Folder which contains an excel file. I'm getting below error.

Message:	Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987. Table: Employee_Relationships.
Cluster URI:	WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:	a1a4f886-feb2-4d7c-8c00-0b6158bdcfe1
Request ID:	dc6a1094-958d-a65b-8957-59c0ff626f3b
Time:	2019-03-31 12:49:33Z

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Nandu Krishna

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

I was able to resolve this issue by converting the excel file to .xlsx.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

I was able to resolve this issue by converting the excel file to .xlsx.

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @nandukrishnavs 

Please check on this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-access-database-errors

Please download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable and try again 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft,

I have installed the Access database engine 2010 (32bit version) in my local machine and tried to refresh the dataset. I haven't faced any issue. But when I publish the reports into service, the schedule refresh is not working. Getting the previous error. 

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

hi, @nandukrishnavs 

From this error message, if you try to install the Access database engine 2010 (64bit version) and try it again.

Best regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft ,

I have tried to install the access database engine 2010 64bit version. Still the schedule refresh is not working in Power BI service. 

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

hi, @nandukrishnavs 

If you still have this problem, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,
Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors