Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dhannaa
Helper IV
Helper IV

Power BI service report on a shared screen

Hi all, 

we have a need to show PowerBI report from tv screen all the time. Does our tv need a licence or can it use mine? 🙂

Jenny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi dhannaa,

No, you don't need to own two licenses. However it's not recommended to do this because the dataset may be changed during the screen report.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dhannaa,

There's no relationship between power bi license and device. Power bi license are based on account, not be bound be any device or IP address. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi, thanks,  I understand that. 

But I am thinking about the scenario where f.g. my user credentials are used for screen report and at the same time I am using Power BI for other purposes. Or logging out from Power BI. 

There should propably be two licences then?

Jenny

Hi dhannaa,

You should uncheck the SSO selection in your data source configuration in advanced option. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks @v-yuta-msft for your reply!

It seems that this option is only for data gateway solutions? Our data is coming from cloud.

Jenny

Hi dhannaa,

No, you don't need to own two licenses. However it's not recommended to do this because the dataset may be changed during the screen report.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors