Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

neelofarshama
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Power BI service displaying wrong values but not in desktop

Hi I have a report which is displaying correct values in the desktop but in service it showing as Blank. I am using some page filters in the report for which I am getting correct results in desktop but the filters(Relative) are not being applied in the service, only basic filter is being applied here.

Power BI service image with filters

neelofarshama_0-1640167347068.png

Desktop image with filters:

neelofarshama_1-1640167404620.png

Desktop:

neelofarshama_0-1640166001413.png

Service:

neelofarshama_1-1640166072134.png

Can you tell me why?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, @neelofarshama 

Do you put the report in the premium capacity? You can only put it in shared capacity or ppu capacity temporarily.

I found the issue of ‘Relative date filter does not work on Premium but works on Shared capacity and Desktop’.

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:278394986 Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

Hi, @neelofarshama 

Update: 
This issue has not been fixed yet.
The transition workaround is: move to Gen2

vjaneygmsft_0-1641548679622.png

What is Power BI Premium Gen2? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
neelofarshama
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hi,

I have a report displaying Previous month, previous quarter, previous week, previous year

for these measures I added relative filter to display "in the last 1 calendar month" and it worked fine in desktop but when published in service it is showing BLANK values can you explain why?

neelofarshama_0-1640192570172.png

Service

neelofarshama_1-1640192618347.png

Previous Period = CALCULATE(sum(DSI_STARTS_STOPS[STARTS]),PREVIOUSMONTH(LASTDATE(DSI_STARTS_STOPS[Month_Date])))
Previous Year Period = CALCULATE(sum(DSI_STARTS_STOPS[STARTS]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR((DSI_STARTS_STOPS[Month_Date])))
Previous Quarter = CALCULATE(sum(DSI_STARTS_STOPS[STARTS]),PREVIOUSQUARTER((DSI_STARTS_STOPS[QUARTER_DATE])))
Previous Year Quarter = CALCULATE(sum(DSI_STARTS_STOPS[STARTS]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR((DSI_STARTS_STOPS[QUARTER_DATE])))

If relative filter is not working any DAX suggestions would help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

Neelofar

@neelofarshama , You should always use date for a table for Time Intelligence

Previous Year Period = CALCULATE(sum(DSI_STARTS_STOPS[STARTS]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR((Date[Date])))

Why Time Intelligence Fails - Powerbi 5 Savior Steps for TI : https://youtu.be/OBf0rjpp5Hw

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @neelofarshama 

I downloaded your sample file and published it to my workspace, but I didn't find your problem. 

Like this:

vjaneygmsft_1-1640585118829.png

Have you downloaded the latest version of desktop? Try it:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Try to refresh the report, or republish the report. It should work.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Thanks for the reply, I updated the dekstop version to the lastest one but still the problem is existing. Could you please suggest me DAX for my requirement so that I cannot apply filters.

Thanks in Advance,

Neelofar

Hi, @neelofarshama 

Do you put the report in the premium capacity? You can only put it in shared capacity or ppu capacity temporarily.

I found the issue of ‘Relative date filter does not work on Premium but works on Shared capacity and Desktop’.

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:278394986 Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Yes I am using premium capacity. Thank you for the help please keep me posted on any recent updates.

Hi, @neelofarshama 

Update: 
This issue has not been fixed yet.
The transition workaround is: move to Gen2

vjaneygmsft_0-1641548679622.png

What is Power BI Premium Gen2? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

@neelofarshama 

This is very strange, because you have posted several posts for one issue, I viewed and downloaded your sample in one of the posts,  I didn't modify any dax code and there is no difference in the content between my desktop and service.

Do you have other machine to view the report in pbi service?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@neelofarshama , First thing to try.

1. Clear browser cache -> refresh and check

2. Republish -> Clear browser cache -> refresh and check

if not

Can you share a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors