Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Suthrabo
Frequent Visitor

Power BI service collaboration best practices ?

Hi all,

I'm just new to Power BI Service which I would like to collaborate in Power BI Service (website) with my colleagues that may need your helps as followed krub

As in the picture below, it’s a Power BI service menu which my case is to collaborate on dashboard with my colleagues

I saw the menu ‘Datasets & Workbooks’ in Power BI Service & I questioned whether what the best practices are & where I should put my Dataset in to make collaboration with my colleague easier krub (I’m now using Excel and put the source in SharePoint Online & let the dashboard connect to that SharePoint site)

PBI question.png

Best Regards,

Suthra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tend to prefer getting everything into SQL dataset whereever possible.  Failing that, if you have it in a file format, putting it into something like SharePoint online should give you fast updates.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For collaboration you will need to make use of Workspaces.  Each user will require Power BI Pro.  From here all of your contributors will be able to make edits to the reports.  You will need to be careful if your contributors all need to make changes at the same time.

Thank you so much @Anonymous

I'm just trying to figure out whether where  I should put my dataset in for the case of publishing my report online

and the others would like to adjust report (it can be whether put in SharePoint group, Power BI dataset menu, etc.)

To be the best performance of Power BI, I don't know which platform that I should place my dataset in 🙂

Best Regards,

Suthra

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tend to prefer getting everything into SQL dataset whereever possible.  Failing that, if you have it in a file format, putting it into something like SharePoint online should give you fast updates.

@Anonymous Thank you so mcuh 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors